Mission Statement of Academy of the Holy Names, Albany, NY
In fidelity to the legacy of Mother Marie Rose, to the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, and to the Gospel virtues of faith, hope, and love, Academy of the Holy Names, a Catholic, college-preparatory school for young women of diverse ethnic, economic, and religious backgrounds in grades 6 through 12, inspires its students to become:
- Active members of a faith-filled community
- Life-long learners, thinkers, and seekers of truth
- Moral decision makers
- Confident leaders in service to others
- Skillful builders of a better world
- Crafters of peace
Focusing on the importance of the individual in an atmosphere distinguished by respectful relationships, the school embraces diversity, promotes creativity, and challenges students to excel.
OUR CORE VALUES
Respect, caring for one another, pursuit of excellence – at Holy Names these aren’t just words – these are our core values.
- Self-respect and respect for others is expected and supported every day among Holy Names students and faculty.
- Responding to the needs of others, especially the poor and disadvantaged, is what makes AHN a caring, service-oriented community.
- The challenge to do our best brings out the best in each of us.
“I can feel a difference at Holy Names,” is what visiting students say. The “difference” is that Holy Names is a community that not only believes in its mission and values – it is a community that lives them.
Explanation of the School Seal
- Esse Quam Videri -
To Be Rather Than To Seem
AHN’s mission reflects “Belief Statements” developed by the Holy Names community and approved by the Board of Trustees. For our beliefs in the areas of Faith Formation, Academic Excellence, Leadership, Social Responsibility, and Learning Environment, please see