Dear Parents and Students,
You are about to make a very significant decision as you consider an international education. This important decision will have a tremendous impact on your student's life, and we want to help you make the best possible choice.
Academy of the Holy Names in New York State's Capital Region, is a remarkable and unique educational institution where each student is valued as an individual and encouraged to achieve her personal best every day, in every subject. Our school is small enough to respond to the individual and large enough to offer a wide range of options and opportunities. Holy Names is well-known for the excellence and rigor of its academic program, and we are proud to now be offering its outstanding single-sex education to a limited number of international students.
Highlights of AHN's academic program include:
- An average class size of 15 students, allowing teachers the time and opportunity to give students personal attention
- An award-winning Science Research Program that has produced four Intel Science finalists in four years
- A three-year college counseling curriculum that guarantees each student her best possible chance at acceptance to the college of her choice
- 100% of students accepted at the best colleges and universities in the nation
- Accelerated opportunities
- Advanced Placement courses
- A University in High School Program that allows qualified students to receive college credits
- Champion sports teams in soccer, tennis, cross-country, indoor track and basketball
- A one-to-one one advisor program that pairs an individual student with a faculty member for guidance, support, and mentoring
I wish you every success in your search for the perfect school for your student and hope you will strongly consider Academy of the Holy Names as the right choice.
Mary Anne Vigliante
Head of School